- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Engineering Technology.
- 5 years of post-graduation design experience modeling and detailing parts and assemblies, preferably whit precise injection model plastic parts.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling and 2D drawings using tools such as CATIA, NX, SolidWorks, or Creo: proficiency with CATIA V5 is preferred.
- Ability to understand specific connector and contact requirements (mechanical, electrical, and environmental).
- Must be capable of drawings and understand tolerance and fit.
- Drive design engineering deliverables using a gated process from concept to production.
- Create, check and modify 2D drawings and 3D models using CAD software.
- Design for manufacturability and assembly (DFM/DFA): select material, understand how the product design impacts tooling complexity & cost, consider how the product will be assembled and serviced.
- Ensure that all technical requirements (customers and internal) are understood and implemented.
- Maintain and release CAD files, project documentation, and BOM in SAP.
- Create DV/PV test plan and review results wits customer.
- Request or utilize FEA tools to perform simulations, interpret results, and optimize design.
- Eligibility to work in US (work visa sponsorship).